Lord have mercy! Someone’s doing something super amazing and COOL for the kids this summer – and parents, totally, super cool for parents. Trust me on that one because Dave and I are freeeakkkking about this festival inside a festival yo!
Auckland Kiddie Limits is doing what no event has done before; providing a world class kids festival in the centre of Auckland City and providing entertainment for the oldies if they need a little time out from the amazing-ness to be found inside the coolest kids mini-festival there ever was!
On Saturday, March 19th there’s this wee event happening at Western Springs called Auckland City Limits. Thinking outside the square, some very cool people decided that enough is enough! Kids everywhere are sick of missing out on all the best bands and performers simply because of some niggly age limit. The genius idea to allow kids under 10 FREE entry (with a ticketed adult) to Auckland City Limits was born, and let me tell you, the Kindy Grapevine is buzzing with anticipation!
Dave and I had previously decided that 2016 would be the year of Ethan’s first concert, so what better way to introduce him to the unforgettable, life-changing magic of live music than with his whole family – including Hurricane Nixon! Festival/parental bliss I tell you!
“We want to see the next generation of music lovers getting a free taste of what an amazing festival this is” says promoter Campbell Smith. “We’re catering to that with free entry and Auckland Kiddie Limits – their very own mini-festival within a festival.”
Bfm Kids Show legend Finn is handling the nitty-gritty, curating a fab lineup of events, performers, activities and spaces just for under 10’s and their adults to enjoy together – all within the confines of Auckland Kiddie Limits (AKL). No-one’s going to get lost (aside from Dad trying to remember where he parked the car lol), all of the little peeps will be registered upon entering the AKL, situated in the Village Green in MOTAT but only accessible from the Auckland City Limits festival.
Sounding good so far? I think so – I can’t actually wait! I’ve nailed down my favourite reasons for bringing the kids to Auckland Kiddie Limits, check ’em!
Bring the kids to Auckland City Limits because;
- The kids lineup features musicians Kath Bee, APRA 2015 Children’s Music prize winner Levity Beet, Mr Roberelli and a session of mad live storytelling of Roald Dahl’s Revolting Rhymes by Flaxworks. Plus a performance by up and coming band Sparrow from Auckland’s School of Rock.
- Kiddie Limits activities include music instrument making, hip-hop workshops with Serato, kids karaoke, punk rock hairdos, temporary tattoos by Inkalittle, a giant art wall and much, much more.
- It opens with the main gates at 11am and runs until 5pm – at which time rock’n’roll mums and dads can use pass-outs to get the kids home to grandma before coming back for the festival headliners, who play through to 11pm (THIS IS ME!!! Can’t wait, much excite! Modest Mouse, The National, Houndmouth I’M COMING!)
- Kiddie Limits will have its own specialized food vendors, including coffee for the parents, and a quiet space and changing facility for the smallest punters.
- Auckland Libraries are setting up a beanie bros reading area and a kid’s tech maker zone for some sound exploration fun.
If you’re keen to join Dave, Ethan, Nixon and I at Auckland Kiddie Limits then you’re in luck as I have a double pass (don’t forget kids under 10 are free!) to Auckland City Limits to giveaway valued at $359!!! Enter via the widget below.