The Age Gap = A Very L O N G Week
Pass the wine.
For the past 13 months I have been self-righteously patting myself on the back, mentally high-fiving because the huge age gap between our kids has been a huge non-event. And truth be told it hasn’t been difficult in any of the ways one would expect;
- Ethan has not been jealous of his little at all
- If anything juggling a newborn with a very busy 8.5 year old was only minutely difficult
- E loves playing with nix and vice versa
- E delights in all of his bro’s developmental milestones and is as proud as punch of his wee brother.
- These two are so close and adore each other in a way that is going to result in the strongest bond that they will treasure as they grow older.
There has been a storm quietly brewing though. Stewing and simmering, rearing it’s head every now again amidst protestations against iPad time limits and run of the mill simple requests are being constantly met with opposition and resistance.
It’s doing my freaking head in people.
I have to admit, The Age Gap problem is real and it’s pretty much living in my head. Changing channels between the totally transparent requirements of 13 month old Nixon and the ever-changing, complex analysis and head-nodding required to keep pre-tween E on an even keel is SO HARD. I almost cried and ran to my room about 17 times this week.
Big is going through a phase which apparently requires compulsory attempts at control of all situations and as many arguments as you can fit in the day. Thank god I have a hair appointment on Saturday as I can actually see my grey hairs growing before my eyes.
So. That’s life at the moment. In baby news, Nixon’s bum rash has stopped bleeding and his appointment today with the surgical team went really well! He also loves meatloaf and making animal sounds. Yah age gap!