Forget everything you thought you knew about Macaroni Cheese. This is the easiest, quickest, most delicious Macaroni recipe you will ever make. One pan. One step. Forget about boiling pasta, making a sauce, draining the pasta, combining the ingredients, baking……………this is too easy! Dave and I whipped this up in 20 minutes, seriously.
Press play to watch the 1 min video and check out the recipe below.
- 1 x 500gm bag macaroni elbows
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup warm water (if needed)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 cups grated cheddar or mild cheese
- 2-3 slices of cooked bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in the pan you intend to use for the macaroni. Remove bacon from pan, add chopped onions and garlic. Sautee in bacon grease until soft.
- Return chopped bacon to pan.
- Add macaroni elbows. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock. Stir to combine.
- Place lid on pan. Simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes until stock has reduced (not completely) and pasta is cooked but still firm.
- Add cheeses, stir to combine. Add additional water at this time if you need more liquid to form the cheese sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chives and serve.