Ethan has learnt many things from watching 3 fishing shows every Saturday for the last 1.5 years, one of them is how to prepare fresh fish. He was most impressed that the Terakihi we bought from Foodtown was already filleted (flayed in Ethan speak), so all he had to do was flour it and throw it in the ‘boaties fry-pan’;
Chicken and Spinach Pie – Endorsed by Ethan age 3.5
* Brown chicken mince in pan with seasonings (I used garlic powder, Italian seasoning and a little bit of Cajun spice)
* Whisk 2 eggs, combine with 1/2 cup milk, 2 tbs of Best Foods Mayo (add more if you want but don’t use Eta Mayo, yuck)
* Grate 1/2 cup cheese, combine with at least 1 cup of chopped spinach, 1/2 onion, some fire roasted sweet capsicum, ground black pepper
* Combine all fillings
* Line pie dish with baking paper, lay down the base pastry sheet, pour in filling, finish with top sheet of savoury pastry.
* Bake at 180 for 30min – 45min
* Let pie rest for a bit before serving.