Cook, Eat | Sugarfree Feijoa Loaf Recipe
Tis the season ya’ll – feijoas are back and when you are blessed with a feijoa tree you don’t just get one or two do you? You get ALL the feijoas, so having multiple recipes up your sleeve is never a bad idea. I make this loaf multiple times each year, we love it in all of its sugary glory, but, it works just as well with a stevia natural sweetener. Yay for reduced calories!
- 1 cup chopped feijoas
- 1 cup boiling water
- 50 grams butter
- 3/4 cup sugar or stevia natural sweetener
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tblsp baking powder ( 3 if using stevia)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- Simmer feijoas, water, butter and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Beat in 1 egg.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 180° for 40-50 minutes