Lockdown times are HEAVY am I right?
I hate food waste on any normal day but, when it’s literally dangerous to go to the store and a massive time suck (hello queuing for the supermarket) my food-waste policy kicks into overdrive.
We had a few courgettes (zucchini) that we needed to use asap and there was a Zucchini Slice recipe on our F45 maintenance menu for the week so, I decided to zhuzh it up and see what happened.
What happened was GOOD and it ticked the boxes for a good fridge clear out which makes me SO happy! So here’s the recipe, give it a go and mod as much as you want as I think it’s pretty forgiving.
Vegetable Frittata Bake Recipe
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium grated courgette
- 2 medium capsicum, red and green, diced
- 60g broccoli/cauliflower, broken up into small florets
- 50g mushrooms diced
- 100g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 eggs
- 250ml liquid egg whites (or add 4 more eggs)
- 50g flour
- 50g alternative four, I used rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serves four as a standalone dish or divide into smaller portions if serving with a salad and sides.