Cook | Meyer Lemon Cookies Recipe
We have an amazing little trooper of a lemon tree that is only two seasons old but has produced a bumper crop this winter. So, lemon recipes are go!
This cookie recipe is a winner, quite a different texture; lovely and soft and cakey but the backseat Master-chefs in the house all approve and I’ll be baking these again for sure.
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 115 grams butter, room temperature
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 c icing sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line pan with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour and baking powder). Add zest and whisk it in.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add lemon juice. Mix again.
- With mixer on low speed, mix in dry only until just combined.
- Roll the dough into balls and roll in icing sugar.
- Place on baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between them.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until puffed and bottoms just golden brown.
- Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.