Creamy Avocado Basil Zoodles Recipe
Oh. My. Lord.
Never made zoodles before, preeeety sure I’ve never created OR made a whole foods recipe before either.
First time for everything – including using New Hemisphere Hemp Seed Oil – and let me tell you, I will be making this again, and again and again. The nutty taste of the Hemp Seed Oil is the perfect complement to the smooth, creamy avocado blend (especially as I forgot to buy pine nuts for the pesto!).
I read a lot about zoodles before I began, it seems the key to making them is not to overcook them, you don’t want a pile of courgette / zucchini mush on your plate. Use the same principles as cooking regular pasta – firm, al dente noodles are your goal.
- 2 x zuchinni
- 1 x carrot
- 1 x garlic glove
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 1 x tblsp olive oil
- 2 x ripe avocados
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 18-ish basil leaves
- 3 1/2 tblsp Hemp Seed Oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- - Spiralize your zucchini and carrot (I use the amaze OXO Hand Spiralizer from Stevens).
- - Chop garlic, onion and capsicum, saute in olive oil
- - Add carrot zoodles to pan about a minute ahead of zucchini
- - Cook for approx 5 minutes, stirring constantly
- - Remove from heat as soon as zoodles begin to soften, but still firm.
- - Add avocado, chopped garlic cloves, basil leaves, lemon and hemp seed oil to blender bowl.
- - Whizz it all up and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir sauce through zoodles, add olives, chopped tomatoes and grated parmesan to serve.
If you would like to win an OXO Good Grips Spiralizer (which is what I used to whip up this dish!), just leave a comment below, it’s that easy!
I’ll draw a winner 22/2/17, NZ residents only.