This shredded chicken recipe is a guaranteed family favourite! Dust off your crockpot, winter is here and it’s time to work some easy, slowcooker magic!
Crockpot Shredded Taco Chicken
3 x chicken breasts or equivalent chicken thighs, tenderloins
1 packet of taco seasoning
1/2 large onion chopped
1/2 large capsicum chopped
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 can black beans
1 can whole kernel sweet corn
1 large jar of salsa (approx 450g)
Salt and pepper to taste
Coriander and tortillas to serve
- Coat chicken in taco seasoning.
- Spray crockpot bottom and sides with oil to prevent sticking.
- Add chopped onion, capsicum and garlic to crockpot.
- Place chicken pieces on top, season with salt and pepper.
- Empty jar of salsa onto chicken. 3/4 fill jar with water, swish around and pour into crockpot.
- Cook in crockpot on low for at least 6 hours.
- Using two forks, shred chicken pieces
- Add cans of beans and corn. If mix is too watery add cornflour by the tsp to thicken, stirring to combine.
- Cook for another hour at least, or crank it to high if you’re in a hurry and go for 30mins.
Serve as tacos, burritos or on top of a yummy salad.