- Realising we’ve all been scammed by this Easter/school holiday combo deal.
- Listening to consecutive tantrums and headbanging on the concrete floors. What the f*ck child?
- Needing to sleep for at least 4 days straight.
- Enjoyed a lie-in this morning until 7.06am at which time the boys descended armed with balloons and proceeded to volleyball slam them into my face at which time terrified shit-zu pounced on my victimised face with his
pawsclaws seeking refuge. Good morning indeed.
- Admitting that I despise balloons and will be popping them as soon as children are out of range.
- Needing someone to take children out of range.
- Acknowledging that there are only two concerns in my ten year old’s head right now; food and wrestling. Everything else gets lost in the large void between his ears.
- Feeling overwhelmed with school holidays, the loss of my Nan, paid work commitments piling up, toddler Mummy-ing and the neglect of my lovely blog : (
- Feeling overwhelmed at balancing all of the above whilst Dave travels to Wellington AGAIN next week for work.
- Wishing Dave and I could go on all of The Bachelor Dates together, without The Bachelor ’cause that kinky stuff is not my jam.
- Rueing the freaking ball pump that seems to grow legs and relocate from the garage to my living room over and over and over again #nonixonno (Edit: ball pump now joined by inflatable flotation ring and Ethan’s bike helmet, items I handle at least three times per day, when really……. IT’S FREAKING AUTUMN! Piss off pool floatie!)
- Thinking that the recurring ball pump et al are actually very minor blips in the totality of The Demise of Housework right now.
- Setting myself mini-tasks to displace the so-much-to-do anxiety. This looks like; peg out 25% of laundry, retreat to pantry for chocolate reinforcements and hide from kids. Repeat.
- Trying to bolster spirits and prop eyelids open for a Pinterest-perfect end to the first week of the school holidays. Tomorrow. Not today mmkay?