Happy 20th Birthday Spotlight! This month Spotlight celebrates 20 years in New Zealand with in-store parties this Saturday, March 12th at all Spotlight NZ stores. Visit your local for huge discounts, giveaways, games & even birthday cake at 1pm in each store!
Here at The Best Nest we are doing a spot of celebrating ourselves, with three days of Easter themed DIY’s, all shopable at Spotlight, plus there is a $100 Spotlight Gift card to be won each day!
My first easy-peasy Easter DIY is these yummy chocolate Easter Nest Spoons. They are perfect party favours or place settings if you’re hosting friends or family this Easter, or use them in your egg hunt or as gifts for the kids friends.
DIY: Chocolate Easter Nest Spoons
You will need:
- Spoons. If these are going to be party favours you may not want to use your best silverware! I picked these Amscan Heavy Weight Spoons in clear RRP $4.99
- Melting Chocolate. Try Roberts Confectionery Melting Buttons RRP $8.99
- Chocolate hail. I already has this in the pantry.
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Edible confetti. I was only going to make milk chocolate nests but when I saw this pretty CK Pastel Confetti I knew I was going to have to make white chocolate spoons as well! RRP $9.99
- Cellophane bags: Roberts Cello Bags RRP $5.99
- Pretty Ribbon like this American Crafts Flower Patch RRP $2.99 or Raffia RRP $6.99
- Melt chocolate per directions on the pack, I used the defrost function on the microwave for 2 x 30 seconds, stirring in between.
- Spoon melted chocolate onto your plastic spoons, underfill slightly.
- Leave to cool a little whilst you fill more spoons.
- Stand up 2 Cadbury Mini Eggs in each spoon then sprinkle with either the hail or confetti.
- Once set, shake off excess sprinkles, pop spoon in the cello bags and tie with ribbon or raffia.
Enjoy! Happy Easter! (Don’t forget to scroll down to enter the Spotlight Birthday Sweepstake!)