Ahhhh yes. I love photos. Photos, photos photos, all day long.
Every day. Photos.
Photos on my hard-drive, photos on my Instagram, Snapchat, FB……. wherever I can whack up some digital snaps I do. We used to be ridiculously diligent about getting our precious snaps printed out but yeah, life.
So, to make it up to my Mum and our assorted Nana’s that love a hard copy picture, I’ve created a super-cute, super-easy project you can knock out in no time and wow your Mum with on Mother’s Day.
How to: Desktop Instagram Infinity Calendar
Step 2: You will need 31 square photos, so resize your images using your native Apple or Android editing features first. If you have ‘Save original photos’ selected in your Instagram app, you probably have all the images you need to get started!
- Open a photo in Phonto
- Click the pencil icon to edit
- Type the calendar number you’re working on and pick the font (I used Anton), select the size (I used 300)
- Move the number around to the perfect spot and save the new image
- Repeat 31 times! Yay!
Step 4: Once you are ready to order;
- Open Printicular
- Select pick-up as you will need to head in-store to Warehouse Stationery to get the calendar bound
- Select ‘local photos’ and upload your 31 images
- Choose whatever size you want, I figured 5×5 was perfect for a desktop calenda
- Select quantity and complete your order!
Step 5: Head into Warehouse Stationery to pick up your images and get your calendar wirebound
- Wire-binding is quick, cheap ($4.49 per 31 page calendar) and looks great!
- Specify you want your project bound along the top edge
- You will need to have 2 stiff cardboard covers added before binding to create the stand
- Get the staff member to trim these down the sides with their whizzy guillotine but leave the bottom edge long
Step 6: Create the stand by folding the 2 covers along the bottom edge of the photos and glueing together to make a flat edge
Voila! Infinity calendar ready to gift!
If you’re not feeling the urge to make something yourself, check out my 3 favourite gift ideas available to order online and ready to personalize;
I’d love you guys to get creative and put all of those beautiful images stuck in your phones to use, so, we have a $100 Gift Card from Warehouse Stationery to give away! Comment below with your pick of Gift Ideas 1, 2 or 3 (above).
Competition closes 15th May 10pm. NZ residents only.
This post was made possible thanks to Warehouse Stationery.