I LOVE making lists and planning activities for the school holidays. Even better when I begin early! Now that we are a family of four, I’m really feeling the pinch when I see those expensive, special occasion attractions creep onto the kids Holiday Wish Lists. I would love to smash out trips to Kelly Tarlton’s, Snowplanet, Clip ‘n Climb………..(plus everything else lol) every school holidays, but that’s just not doable for us. Instead we brainstorm, get as creative as we can, set a schedule to avoid cases of ‘I’m BORED’ and carefully and collectively decide on our ‘spendy’ excursions. Check out my blog post from a year ago for 20 School Holiday Boredom Busting Ideas to get you started on your summer holiday planning and check out what Kellogg’s are doing to help make your dollars go further! This summer, we’re all set to shake things up a little and take advantage of the amazing Kellogg’s Grown Ups Go Free offers that are available on packs of specially marked Kellogg’s cereals. What this means is that when we buy one full priced child or adult admission to some of our favourite attractions, we get one adult pass free! I’m all over this, so am adding these Auckland (and surrounding areas) attractions to our summer holiday to-do list;
Fun for Families in and around Auckland
- Kelly Tarlton’s – Grown Ups Go Free Savings $39! We’ve only made it to the amazing aquarium that is Auckland’s Kelly Carlton’s once this year, but Nix, Ethan and I had the BEST time!
- Snow Planet – Grown Ups Go Free Savings $45! None of us have ever been to Snow Planet, despite Dave and I both loving snowboarding. I can see us heading here over summer with the kids when we are all a little hot and beach weary and needing a change of scenery.
- Waitomo Glow Worm Caves – Grown Ups Go Free Savings $49! Road trips are a summer staple and heading to the Glow Worm caves is one of the most iconic kiwi childhood experiences I can think of! I’m so looking forward to taking Nixon there for the first time these school holidays!
- New Zealand Maritime Museum and Harbour Cruise – Grown Ups Go Free Savings $15! Silly Aucklanders, we’ve never visited the Maritime Museum lol. We will pack a lunch to enjoy on the waterfront and make a day of it with the kids.
- MOTAT – Grown Ups Go Free Savings $16!. A visit to MOTAT will be another first for little Nixon and more ammo to feed his obsession with trains and vehicles lol.
The best part is that we don’t have to purchase any ‘odd’ cereals that will sit in the pantry to take advantage of these offers. Grown Ups Go Free vouchers are on boxes across ALL brands of Kellogg’s cereal, even our favourites, Special K and Nutrigrain! Simply clip the coupon and head off for some fun with the kids at 90 attractions around Aus and NZ – that’s 20 super fun attractions in NZ!