How to wear: Palazzo Pants
It may have been a rare flash of fashion brilliance, but it was Dave who bought me my first pair of palazzo pants while shopping in India on a business trip last year. These ’60’s throwbacks are BACK baby and this is one fashion trend that is not just for celebs or eighteen year olds.
I love palazzo pants.
You should love palazzo pants, we all should LOVE palazzo pants. Here’s why;
- They are super flattering. The high waist and long leg gives the illusion of legs-for-days even if you’re really more of a legs-for-minutes kinda gal
- They are figure skimming, no tight bits here!
- They are super comfy, hello, like PAJAMAS!
- Easy to dress up or down. Wedges, flatforms, strappy sandals………palazzo pants don’t care, you’ll look amaze however you wear them!
- Palazzo pants are the perfect trans-seasonal staple to take you from spring to summer and avoid wardrobe bloat
- Budget friendly. Yes it’s true, check out the look below I’ve created entirely from The Warehouse’s Spring Fashion Lookbook.
Are you convinced yet?
Here’s how I’d build an outfit around these super versatile pants;
The key thing to remember is that you need to balance out the flowy, wide leg of the pants with something slimline and fitted on top. If you want to accentuate your waist opt for a plain crop like the Garage one below, or, for a more tailored look pair the palazzo pants with a simple shirt – tucked in! I would pick the latter option, it’s styled but relaxed, a perfect Mum outfit without looking over-done.
Boho accessories are a must for this look, add an oversized hobo, layered, luxe necklaces and once the weather heats up finish the look with a floppy straw hat and some pretty sandals.
* This sponsored post was made possible by The Warehouse Spring Fashion.