So everyone has their fail-safe lasagna recipe and mine will be no better than yours, just saying I made my personal best tonight! Yes, this is the quick-ish working Mum version in which my sauce is made from cans, not fresh. So shoot me.
You will need;
500 grams minced beef
1 diced zucchini
1 small can tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Watties Pasta sauce
Italian seasonings, or fresh basil, parsley and oregano
Cracked black pepper
1 pack of fresh lasagna sheets or the crispy kind
2 tubs of Ricotta or one if your stingy or dieting I guess
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Brown mince in pan with diced onion, garlic and zucchini + black pepper, drain excess oil from pan
- In a large pot combine all tomatoey ingredients, pepper, salt, fresh herbs or Italian seasoning, add browned meat etc, simmer with lid on for 30min at least.
- Dump ricotta into mixing bowl add egg and nutmeg and some grated cheese if you want. Mix well.
- Using some kind of ladle apparatus, scoop sauce so it covers the bottom of your lasagne dish.
- Add first layer of pasta
- Spread 1/2ish of your ricotta mixture over the top
- sprinkle parmesan, then add a layer of grated cheese, sauce, pasta etc
- Go as high as your pan can take until you run out of mix, finish with a healthy layer of grated cheese with parmesan over the top.
- Bake covered with tinfoil for 25-30, remove tinfoil and bake for another 25-30 until crispy and bubbly and a bit crunchy on top.