MILO Play Zone are a super fun series of free events offered to the community to encourage families to get outside and play! Yay sounds fun right?
Details: Get the family together and come play at the first ever MILO Play Zones – FREE events to encourage NZ families to ‘go play’. This initiative follows on from the State Of Play report released last month, highlighting the startling fact that almost half (46%) of Kiwi kids are not playing every day.
The MILO Play Zone encourages kids to make up their own games, which they can then replicate at home throughout the school holidays. And, as playing can be thirsty work, there will also be FREE cold MILO drinks ready for those wanting to refuel.
How the MILO Play Zone works:
1. Book a MILO zone (or ‘backyard’)
2. Decide how many people are playing
3. Choose the tools of your choice – there will be balls, frisbees, hula hoops, ropes, cones, velcro tags and coloured bibs
4. Make up your own game and create your own rules
5. Head to your allocated space and play!
These games can be as active as you want them to be and kids are welcome to play on their own, with a friend, parent or group – it’s all up to them!
Some game starter ideas:
- Mixing two games together, like soccer and cricket (kick the ball to score runs)
- Frisbee golf (instead of hitting a golf ball into a hole, aim the frisbee to hit a marker)
- Hula-catch (pass the ball between two people spinning hula hoops)
We will be traveling all over Auckland throughout the school holidays to make sure everyone can join in. See our schedule below:
- Allan Brewster Rec Centre 13 April, 11.00am – 1.00pm
Tavern Lane, Papatoetoe
- Moana-nui-a-Kiwa Mangere 16 April, 10.00am – 12.00pm
Cnr of Mascot Ave & Waddon Pl, Mangere
- Te Matariki Clendon Centre 17 April, 10.00am – 12.00pm
17 Palmers Road, Clendon, Manurewa
- Birkenhead Leisure Centre 18 April, 10.00am – 12.00pm
Mahara Ave, Birkenhead, North Shore
- Otara Leisure Centre 19 April, 9.00am – 11.00pm
Newbury St, Otara
- Lynfield Rec Centre
20 April, 10.00am – 12.00pm
16 – 18 Griffen Park Road, Lynfield
- I am participating in the Milo Play Movement as a Blogger Ambassador and any compensation received is for advice provided directly to the MILO Play Movement team on the social media engagement plan.
- All communications I share regarding the MILO Play Movement are my honest opinion.