Imagine, as a Mum, if every time you said – ok SCREAMED – “Dinner is in ONE minute!”, you were actually telling the truth. What if the ravenous hordes could literally smell dinner cooking within moments of you opening the fridge to begin dinner prep?
Like, really, are you imagining this because it’s a sweet, sweet dream ya’ll. A dream of mums everywhere and, the best part is, you can BUY this dream for yourself. Anytime you want.
My Main Course has just launched in New Zealand so Dave and I ran the Pulled Pork variety through the Jack Family Dinner Gauntlet with baited breath;
- If we had left the dinner run too late, and the prep took longer than expected all efforts would be wasted; Nix would be overtired and won’t eat. He would be late getting to bed and make our lives a misery the next day.
- If it was gross? See above.
Stressy! Going rogue at dinner time with our two bottomless pits is a major risk! Luckily our gamble paid off, dinner time was amaze and we all loved the Pulled Pork in Smokey BBQ Sauce from My Main Course – and by loved, I mean inhaled, same same.
10 Minute Pulled Pork Tacos
You will need;
1 pack of My Main Course Pulled Pork
Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado etc
Sour cream, corn chips and hot sauce or salsa to serve.
Optional – try rice and black/refried beans on the side!
- Heat pork via pack instructions (stovetop or microwave)
- Chop fresh veges
- Gently warm tortillas to prevent splitting when you roll them, 15-20 seconds in the microwave or splash some water on each side and warm in a pan.
- Layer the pork, veges, sour cream and salsa or hot sauce on your tortillas (don’t overfill!), add some corn chips on the side (and rice and beans if you made them)
You just smashed out an amazingly delicious dinner, using quality ingredients that (I’m sure!) your family loved! You just won parenting today, take a bow!
The My Main Course range (Thai Green Curry, Mexican Chicken, Pulled Pork, Savoury Mince, Baked Beans, Green Lentil Dahl) is perfect for helping busy families whip up great tasting meals with minimal prep time. Your meal base is all done, you just choose your sides and get creative – or not lol, totally up to you.
WIN > I have a $50 supermarket voucher to give away thanks to My Main Course! Just comment below and let me know which variety you and your family would love to try first. Check out another awesome recipe using My Main Course and enter to win ANOTHER $50 voucher here > Thai Chicken Pies
Competition closes 9/12/16, NZ residents only. This post was sponsored by My Main Course – thanks guys!