I apologise in advance for this recipe, because holy moly these boys are sinful! But totally awesome, everyone will love these and they keep really well for lunch-boxes throughout the week.
The BEST Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 1/2 Cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 190°
- Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light.
- Add the egg and mix until fluffy.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mix well, add chocolate chips, mix again.
- Drop cookie mixture by teaspoonful onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
We have an amazing little trooper of a lemon tree that is only two seasons old but has produced a bumper crop this winter. So, lemon recipes are go!
This cookie recipe is a winner, quite a different texture; lovely and soft and cakey but the backseat Master-chefs in the house all approve and I’ll be baking these again for sure.
Meyer Lemon Cookies
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 115 grams butter, room temperature
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 c icing sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line pan with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour and baking powder). Add zest and whisk it in.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add lemon juice. Mix again.
- With mixer on low speed, mix in dry only until just combined.
- Roll the dough into balls and roll in icing sugar.
- Place on baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between them.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until puffed and bottoms just golden brown.
- Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.
Adapted from The Cooking Channel
BAKE THESE COOKIES. I swear you will not be disappointed – adapted and tweaked from a couple of other recipes into my own mongrel favourite;
You will need:
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup butter, room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup porridge oats
1/2 to 1 cup dried fruit, raisins, cranberries or chopped apricots
1 cup chopped white chocolate buttons
Preheat oven to 180° C, cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time beating well between. Add flour, salt and baking soda – stir gently. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
Roll into balls with wet hands and press down to flatten.
Bale 8-10 mins until golden brown.