As much as it pains me to admit it, jumbo Nix is just TOO big to ride his classic plastic motorbike anymore! Every time I run behind him as he careens at full speed down a hill I can see the little axel at the back shuddering and groaning under strain.
Time for an upgrade Santa!
Balance bikes are the obvious choice for toddlers in that transition period between a trike and a bike. On a balance bike, kids learn balance first, pedalling last compared to a traditional bike where the opposite is true. Makes so much sense to get your balance down first right?
The bike we’re putting under the tree for Nixon this year is a super-cute lime green racer from online baby specialty store www.babies.co.nz.
I love this bike! It’s perfect for Nix who will be 2yrs 5mths come Christmas. It was pretty hard to hide this away from little eyes for another month but Dave whisked it off to the garage after he put it together so out-of-sight-out-of-mind for me at least!
5 things I particularly love about the JR Wooden Balance Bike;
- It’s super easy to put together. It arrived in two pieces and took Dave approx 5 stressless minutes to complete. Yay! We’ve had WAY too many Christmas Eve meltdowns from assembling toys so pretty keen to avoid this at all costs this year!
- It’s made from natural birch plywood which is FSC Certified (FSC is an independent, non-governmental, not for profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests). Anything that’s working towards sustainability gets a big tick from me!
- This is a solid wee bike that feels super safe and sturdy but is also light enough for a typically coordination-challenged toddler to manage.
- They are available in an awesome range of colours; Blue, Pink, Red, Green, Black and Frozen (pastel) Blue.
- They are on sale now! 30% off, time to go shopping > JR Wooden Balance Bike RRP $89.99 now $62.99!
I can’t wait for Christmas Day!