- Woken at 4am by a DAMNCAT screaming in our yard, rousing the Shi-Tzus into thunderous barks (ok, that may be a stretch), waking Nixie, Dave and I and reminding me that THAT article was coming out today.
- Couldn’t get back to sleep because thinking – about THAT article.
- Got up at 7, Dave went and got the paper.
- We read THAT article. And I felt very relieved that the reporter didn’t scrape my heart out with a butter knife and make snide remarks about using social media to exploit my children. That was nice of her.
- The boys lost their fucking minds. Approximately 3 minutes after Dave left the house. Ethan lost all Xbox and iPad privileges because he’s 11 and his default response to any question is NO. Nixon was in the kind of mood where he was walking around the house with both arms outstretched, knocking and grabbing everything within reach and harassing his grumpy older brother no end. Oh and wanting me to carry him everywhere (he weighs 17.5 kgs and is 2.5 years old ffs). Yes, he was bored and totally feeding off all the negative energy in the house, it was a spiralling cycle of angst.
- We finally escaped the house and headed to the beach for a play and picnic dinner with friends. The kids were playing when two large, intimidating dogs and their owners cruised past. When the dogs ran up to the kids (I was scared) and reminded them that they were supposed to be on leashes, I was called a f*cking judgemental c*nt. In front of the kids. Well played you classy assholes.
- Just as we had set dinner up a freak rain shower occurred, out of a clear blue sky. It finished as soon as it had wet everything and we were done eating. Kids didn’t care, must follow kids example more often. They give zero fucks about rain.
- Wondering why I insist upon wearing horizontal stripes every time I get my photo taken? I think there’s some kind of fashion rule about that right? Must stop eating so much FOOD yo.