My Shi Tzu. My bed. My god, what has become of us? Lol
I haven’t posted any of Ethan’s drawings lately, you know, usual chaos, life-getting in the way of blogging type excuses. But this picture surprised me when it came home from school. Ethan was remembering our summer camping trip where there were tonnes of stingrays to be seen off the dock, so it’s lovely to me that months later this popped out of his little head. It was also surprising in that for the last month all he has been drawing is Toothless the dragon from How to Train Your Dragon. Boy sure is good at ‘fixating’.
Gloomy days always make for the best photos and this is one of the best pics I have taken in a while. And I took it on my iphone. From the car. Outside Ethan’s school. LOVE.
It’s cold and rainy and we LOVE Pumpkin Soup in this house, Ethan devours it.
Here’s the Pumpkin Soup Recipe we use;
25g [1oz] butter
2 onion sml-med [chopped]
2 cloves garlic [chopped]
1kg [2.25lb] pumpkin [seeded, skinned, cubed]
3 cups water
2 teaspoons instant chicken stock powder
1 teaspoon curry powder [optional]
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup milk
Melt butter in a large pot, cook onion and garlic until soft but not browned,
add pumpkin to onion ‘n’ garlic with water, stock, spice, sugar, cook until pumpkin is soft.
Puree or mash with potato masher, add milk or water to taste and serve with croutons and parsley.
Today the boys have played mini-golf, been to the video store to rent wii games and had lunch at The Backyard. Today I have plucked my eyebrows and tabbed my legislation for upcoming commercial law exam. I’m about to hit up the Guarantees section of my notes so look out! It’s freakin party central at this house. On the other hand, it’s rainy and cold and if ever there was ‘study weather’ this is it.
1. Winter has arrived, but days like today make it bearable and almost even…….glorious! Everything was bright green and blue and two loads of laundry dried in the sun – amaze.
2. This was the best 7 days I can remember, namely because Dave and I made a big decision we have been putting off for a while. It feels so good, like a big weight has been lifted and it’s time to remember and rediscover all of the fun little corners of our lives. Yay for Jacks!
3. The girls and I hit cougar town aka Westfield Albany last night to catch Sex and the City 2. LOVED IT. It was trivial and frivolous and excessive…..but it was funny as all hell…..and Liza Minelli and her freaking fantastic pins ruled the wedding. SJP ruins every scene she’s in but the other gals carry her breathless, little girl acting and Samantha is so fab you almost can forget about Carrie.
4. I am almost at the point where I don’t have to talk to our accountant again for a WHOLE YEAR. Words can’t really describe the excitement. Some of you will understand.
5. If you need to scrub 5-10 years off your face and you have $110 to spare (HAHA!) let me recommend Dermalogica multivitamin thermafoliant. I received a sample of this sandpaper in a tube when I had a facial a couple of weeks ago and I’m in love. The smoothest, freshest skin EVER.
Have an awesome weekend xxxx
With the FIFA World Cup about to begin NZ is going soccer mad, Ethan loves his soccer, but is pretty casual about it…..until he is on the field then he doesn’t stop until he is a big red sweaty muddy mess. Uggghhh, the allure of winter sports is slim to none I’m afraid, why can’t we get up at 7am every Saturday to stand out in a field in summer time? Makes no sense.