This is neither a glamourous nor adventurous recipe but damnit we have some serious stock of Weet-Bix in the pantry! All that aside, these muffins are really good, knobby with lots of texture, super easy and quick to make and they taste delish.
Recipe from Food in A Minute
- 410g can Peaches in clear fruit juice
- 8 Sanitarium Weet-Bix biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup lite milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50 g butter, melted
Grease muffin tins with a light spray of vegetable oil rather than butter.
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Drain Peaches , reserve the juice and chop peaches.
2. Place the crushed Sanitarium Weet-Bix biscuits, wholemeal flour, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Stir ingredients together and add the chopped peaches.
3. Pour the milk and reserved fruit juice into a bowl. Add the eggs and baking soda. Whisk to mix.
4. Pour the egg mix into the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter. Mix together, being careful not to over-mix or the muffins will be tough.
5. Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until muffins are golden and spring back at a touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.