I made this last night and everyone loved it! I made it vegetarian but you can go to town and get creative with any ingredients, Feta and smoked salmon would be yummy!
Breakfast or brunch has never been better than with this unique twist to the average omelet.
2 tbsp oil
375g Vegetable Mix
700g Potato chopped flat, and microwaved or par boiled
1-2 ham steaks, diced
6 eggs – I used 4
1 tbsp prepared mustard
1 1/2 cups milk or lite cream
1 cup grated cheese (use tasty, camembert or Parmesan)
1. Heat the oil in a deep, oven-proof frying pan, preferably one that is 26cm wide. Add the
Vegetable Mix and toss quickly to just brown. Set aside.
2. Add the Potatos and cook over a high heat to begin to brown. This may be best done in two
batches. Scatter over the vegetables and diced ham.
3. Beat together the eggs, mustard, milk or lite cream and grated cheese. Pour over the
potato mixture and cook over the direct heat for 2 minutes.
4. Transfer to a 180oC oven for 45-50 minutes or until the frittata is golden on top and the
filling is firm to the touch.
5. Serve the frittata with your favourite relish or chutney.