This could be my most favourite recipe EVER posted on The Best Nest Blog. I probably need to make it again, over, maybe, seven consecutive nights (I love it THAT much), just to be sure, but we’ve definitely got a hands down stunner here!
And it’s probably the easiest dessert ever.
The very best part is that your Crock-Pot does all the hard work so you can get other things rolling; maybe relax (I jest!), hang out with your dinner guests (or fold the laundry, feed the dogs, cook the fish fingers for the kids)…………whatevs, just chuck the foodie stuff in the Crock-Pot and four hours later you’re a Masterchef.
Let’s get into it;
Crock-Pot Poached Pears Recipe
4-6 pears, I used Beurre Bosc
¾ Bottle of red wine – I used a Merlot and it was beautiful
1 cup of water
1 slice of lemon peel
Juice of one lemon
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp sugar (approx 50gm), + 2 tsp for syrup
1 Cinnamon quill
3 Black Peppercorns
1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
3 tsp cornflour
Blue cheese, walnuts and crackers to serve.
- Combine wine, water, lemon peel, honey, sugar, cinnamon quill, cloves, peppercorns and vanilla in the Crock-Pot. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Peel pears and cut a slice off the bottom so they can stand upright.
- Coat in lemon juice
- Lay pears down in Crock-Pot so they are covered, or if you’d like a red and white stripe, stand them upright.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove 1 cup of liquid from Crock-Pot. Bring to the boil in small saucepan, add 2 tsp of sugar and cornflour dissolved in water. Simmer until syrup reduces and thickens.
- Serve with rich, blue cheese, walnuts and water crackers.
- Pour wine syrup over pears and enjoy!
Win a Crock-Pot® Crock-Pot Traditional – CHP200 worth $119.99!
If you want to get inventive in the kitchen with your own amazing Crock-Pot then you’re in luck as I’m giving one away – actually I’ve already given TWO away, so this is your last chance to win! (Crock-Pot Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe here, Crock-Pot Macaroni Cheese Recipe with Dukkah Chicken)
Competition closes 6/7/17, NZ residents only.
Thanks to Crock-Pot for making this post possible.