Happy 20th Birthday Spotlight! This month Spotlight celebrates 20 years in New Zealand with in-store parties this Saturday, March 12th at all Spotlight NZ stores. Visit your local for huge discounts, giveaways, games & even birthday cake at 1pm in each store!
Here at The Best Nest we are doing a spot of celebrating ourselves, with three days of Easter themed DIY’s, all shopable at Spotlight, plus there is a $100 Spotlight Gift card to be won each day!
I love adding simple, unfussy decor items to our mantle to set the tone for the season or celebrate the holidays. A wreath is always my go-to as it can be placed anywhere and when you DIY, it can be modified and re-purposed very simply. Plus, it’s such a welcoming decoration to have on your front door or in your home, and can form the basis of your holiday decor by tying everything together if you build you colour palette on the wreath itself.
This pretty Easter wreath took me 20 minutes tops, so get creative and give it a go!
DIY: Easter Wreath
You will need:
- Deco Foam Round Wreath 350mm RRP $5.99
- Burlap Roll RRP $12.99
- Floral Pins RRP $5.99
- Paper Bunting RRP $4.99
- Burlap Flowers RRP $6.99
- Pastel Foam Easter Eggs RRP $4.99 or paper mache eggs
- Artificial flowers to suit
- Small flower heads to suit
- Wrap foam ring with the burlap (or your choice of ribbon, fabric or bakers string looks great!), fasten on the back side with floral pins.
- Place the large artificial flower stems and fix with floral pins.
- Attach the paper bunting. This comes with adhesive stickers which are holding just fine on the burlap.
- Glue the eggs in place using a craft glue. I used Helmar Craft Glue.
- Place remaining small flower heads and burlap flowers.
Enjoy! Happy Easter! (Don’t forget to scroll down to enter the Spotlight Birthday Sweepstake!)