Ramen bowls are trending hard right now and rightly so. They are quick, easy and budget friendly meals that can smash leftovers and just as easily feed the troops on a busy weekday evening or be pared back for a perfectly sized meal for one.
I wanted to make the family roast chicken stretch for two meals so reimagined our leftovers into this delicious Chicken Ramen Bowl for two that became a very generous lunch for Dave and I the next day.
The beauty of this traditional Japanese dish is that it’s a really easy way to eat a balanced meal. By combining fresh veges and lean protein with pantry staple MAGGI 2 Minute Noodles (now with invisible wholegrain!) a delicious meal is never too far from the table.
This is going to be good!
Chicken Ramen Bowl Recipe – serves 2
- 2 x packs MAGGI Chicken 2 Minute Noodles with Invisible Wholegrain
- 300 grams cooked chicken
- 2 x soft boiled eggs - 5 minutes in a rolling boil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 spring onions
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 3 mushrooms sliced
- 1 handful mung bean sprouts
- 1 handful sugar snap peas
- Shaved carrot for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Roughly chop 2 garlic cloves and mix with ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sweet chili sauce, and white wine vinegar. Spray oven proof dish with oil, add thickly chopped chicken, pour over with sauce mix to coat chicken. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Bring a small saucepan to a rolling boil, add eggs and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and run under cold water immediately. Peel when cool.
- Add sesame oil, a chopped garlic clove and the whites of the spring onion to a medium sauce pan. Set aside green tops of spring onion for garnish. Leave on heat for a couple of minutes until onions begin to turn clear. Add 4 cups water. Bring to boil and add 2 packs of MAGGI 2 Minute Noodles with Invisible Wholegrain plus their seasoning packets. Cook for 2 minutes or until noodles are al dente. Remove from heat.
- Place noodles and broth in bowl to serve.
- Add chicken and assorted vegetables.
- Cover bowl with lid or large plate for 5 minutes to lightly steam veges.
- Add soft boiled eggs, carrots and green onions to serve.
Win with MAGGI and The Best Nest
Getting a great meal on the table for yourself or the family is definitely a good thing. Tell me about the good happening in your life right now and you’ll be in the draw to win one of FOUR $50 supermarket vouchers!
Simply leave a comment below sharing something good that’s coming up in your life – from dinner, to renovations, a long weekend, a new job or a day off! #thisisgoingtobegood!
Competition closes 18/11/16 NZ residents only.
This post was made possible thanks to Maggi.
The MAGGI 2 Minute Noodles with Invisible Wholegrain replace the Extra Delicious range – so keep an eye out at your local supermarket!