Stuffed mushrooms make a super-easy, quick dinner that is one of our favourites. It’s perfect for those nights when you don’t feel like cooking a ‘meaty’ meal with multiple sides and multiple pots and pans to wash – plus, it’s kind-of a little bit fancy. You could definitely use smaller, button mushrooms and recreate the dish as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvres for a party.
There are two staple food items in our house that are non-negotiable; one is Best Foods Mayonnaise. There is no other brand that compares – Best Foods fans know what I mean lol. After living in the States for years I was unable to ever convert back to ‘New Zealand’ style mayo and actually enjoy it. It’s just not the same!
The other compulsory pantry staple we use at every meal (breakfast included!) is hot sauce. Tuna, mayo and hot sauce go together like bacon and eggs, so it was a no-brainer to switch out my traditional Mayo in this recipe for Best Food’s new Spark of Chilli flavoured Mayonnaise. The substitution worked perfectly and helped add a little more wow to this delicious recipe that just might find it’s way into your regular dinner rotation! There are 4 new flavours in the Best Foods range; a spark of Chilli (which we’re using in this recipe), a touch of Garlic, a pinch of Mustard and a zing of Lemon – all bases covered if you’re looking to amp up dinner time flavours. Find them in all good supermarkets, RRP $5.49.
Recipe | Tuna & Chilli Mayo Stuffed Mushrooms
- 10 x medium flat mushrooms
- 180-200gm canned tuna in springwater (smoked chicken or salmon would work beautifully too!)
- 100 gm chopped roasted red pepper
- Chopped red onion to taste
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup Best Foods Spark of Chilli flavoured Mayonnaise
- Turci cold pressed garlic spray
- Grated mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced avocado
- Drain tuna and add to mixing bowl with red pepper, red onion, sweetcorn and Spark of Chilli flavoured Mayonnaise.
- Stir to combine
- Snap stalks off mushrooms and arrange mushrooms on a baking tray.
- Spray with Turci garlic spray for extra flavour and to prevent mushrooms from drying out
- Spoon tuna and mayo mixture onto mushrooms
- Top with grated cheese – Mozzarella works perfectly due to its mild flavour and gooey texture – YUM!
- Pop in oven for 15-20min at 180º until cheese is melted and golden
- Garnish with sliced avocado and salt and pepper
- Serve with a chopped salad and extra Spark of Chilli flavoured Mayonnaise and Sriracha hot sauce for dipping
For more meal inspo, check out the delicious recipes online now at www.bestfoods.co.nz.