This little blogging gig does wonders for getting me out and about and exploring different parts of Auckland – it’s also pretty deadly on the credit card as I discover more and more fabulous businesses that are doing things so right in this very competitive retail market. Our declining love affair with the bricks and mortar storefronts of old makes sense in a lot of markets. Hell yes I’m going to order groceries online if Countdown sends me a code for $1 delivery – why wouldn’t I? I can’t drive to the store for a $1, plus my time………
However, there are some things that one simply must shop for in person, and let’s be clear, I’m talking about everything related to baby-on-the-way. For me, the nesting, list-checking, stroller perusing days were some of the most fun and special shopping days I can remember. So much time, energy, planning and lets face it, money goes into ensuring you’ve got all of your bases covered before baby arrives – then you do it all over again after bubs is born when you realise you had no idea what you needed and what you didn’t! Ethan, Nixon and I visited Global Baby during the school holidays and spent some time in the store with owner Anita and her lovely shop assistant Danielle. These two ladies were the very picture of calm whilst the two boys manhandled everything in the shop and just as Nixon was about to lose ALL of his marbles Danielle sat down with a box of stickers and peace was restored.
That’s the kind of shopping experience I
want need from every retailer!
I’ve picked out a few of my favourite, lust-worthy items that are available in-store or online if you can’t make it to Global Baby at 161 Manukau Rd, Epsom.
It was love at first sight when I saw the Mutsy range of strollers. Never before have I considered a stroller an object of desire but the finishing and leather detail on these are gorgeous. Further complementing their stand-out range of strollers which also includes the Casual Play and Brevi ranges, Global Baby have their very own Stroller Technician who carries out any repairs and adjustments in-house so you and baby are back on the street in no time. Both Anita and Danielle are NZQA certified Child Restraint Technicians; these are the ladies you need when deciding upon the very best travel system for your family.
Perfect Gift Ideas for Baby and Mummy
1. Pretty Brave Mint with Stripes Slip On $49.90. I’m dying inside a little that Nixon never got to wear a pair of these super stylish shoes, so sad! Global Baby has an amazing selection of Pretty Brave Moccasins, Slip-ons and Espadrilles in stock in BOTH boys and girls styles – they’ve just arrived though so be quick!
2. Haakaa Natural Rubber Teether $14.90. Shop the NZ designed Haakaa range here, all products are BPA, PVC, Phthalate and Lead free + are scratch and chip proof
3. All mama’s, new or not so new, need recognition every now and then for the wonderful job they’re doing. These gorgeous candles, exclusive to Global Baby are blended to promote sleep, relaxation and stress relief.
4. Kip & Co Bamboo Baby Wrap 2 Pack $64.90. One of my favorite brands, Kip & Co never disappoint and these stylish, functional swaddles are a nursery essential. Shop Kip & Co here
5. Mamoo & Lou Zig Zag Pullover $65. I spied this NZ brand in the latest Good magazine and was even more enamoured after seeing these fabulous 100% merino knits in person. Gender neutral, classic styles and superb quality. Mamoo & Lou tick all the boxes for me and with carefully thought out features such as the folded cuff design on their pants, this range should be at the top of every baby shower wish list.
6. Baby Wilson Lola Boot by Kathryn Wilson $64.90. I don’t think these need much of an intro, swoon. Handmade, 100% leather, Baby Wilson by Kathryn Wilson boots make an ideal baby gift, christening gift or christening shoe. These are the heirloom item every mother will cherish!
Design perfection and functionality plus have finally arrived in the nursery. The Kaylula YoYo cradle may be one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever laid eyes on. Crafted from bentwood, this cradle is a lullaby-inducing dream! The Kaylula range also includes 4-in-1 cots and changing table/drawer combos.
If you’ve done your window shopping/research and are ready to order then head to the Global Baby website to shop their comprehensive range. If you’re after advice and high-end service then the in-store experience with Anita or Danielle is a must! Visit Global Baby at 161 Manukau Rd, Epsom, Auckland. Phone 09 630 1960